In the midst of a time of year that’s very planning-intense for me, I thought I’d take some time to document what’s important in my life right now. Within the span of three weeks, I have several birthdays to consider, Easter to prepare for, as well as various other appointments to keep up with. And, although I enjoy celebrating these things, there will be a definite relief for me when it’s all over. Of course, then I will start preparing for our new arrival, so the relief may be short-lived.
Here’s some things that are going on now.
What I’m Loving
- Cuddles with Strawberry. She’s so cozy, especially when we snuggle to read a book together. I’m very aware that the new baby’s arrival will make this more difficult, so I’m enjoying it now.
- Newborn baby undershirts. They just arrived in the mail as a gift from my mother-in-law, and the tiny size made me so excited. I can’t wait till we get to use them!
- Longer days. Summer is coming!
- Spicy peanut noodles and freshly made ginger ale. I don’t know where this is coming from, unless it’s pregnancy cravings. This nearby restaurant has both and although I don’t normally like spicy foods, this stuff is awesome! I’ve had it three times in the last month.
What We are Reading
- Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin. I read The Happiness Project and I really enjoyed it, so I thought I’d read her next one. It seems to be a continuation of the same ideas, but still enjoyable.
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson. Strawberry really enjoys this new find in children’s books. It was recommended on the website Toddler Approved and has not disappointed.
- Elderberry and I started to listen to an audio book of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien on CD. He wanted to read it, and I wanted to re-read it before seeing the movie so we thought we’d listen to the audio book together. However, we are not really progressing on it.
I wish I was reading more, but there’s too much going on so I’ve cut back. We still regularly read from our home collection of children’s books before naptime and bedtime.
What We are Acomplishing
- Potty training! It was an intense two weeks, but I think the worst is over. It may not be total clear sailing from here on out, but I think we are in really good shape. Now we can start saving diaper money for the next child!
- Lent activities. We have been working on this lenten calendar from Catholic Icing, putting stickers on each day and then adding some coins to our Rice Bowl and saying some prayers with our rosaries. We have missed some days, but just try to catch up. Strawberry likes to remind me to do it and is learning some basic prayers, so I’m happy with our progress.
It’s almost Easter. I love these next few days of the Catholic year. I think they are my favorite–so full of rich traditions and meaning. Plus, Easter comes at the beginning of spring, which is my favorite time of year. Things are looking good! 🙂